Here's a sampling of the dishes I've enjoyed during my time in Spain so far. Feast your eyes on...
 |
| Fabada - stew of beans, chorizo and morcilla |
|
|
 |
| Escalope - flattened & fried beef with blue cheese sauce |
|
|  |
| | Salpicón - rich dish of shrimp (gambas) with diced up vegetables and cheese in olive oil |
 |
| Pulpo - cooked octopus with spices |
 |
| Croquetas de marisco - mashed seafood rolled and fried |
 |
| Pimientos de padrón - grilled peppers local to Galicia, and calamares |
 |
| Paella (con gambas y mejillones) = a classic |
 |
| Paella y clarita - beer mixed with lemonade |
 |
| Raxo con patatas - pork cutlets with french fries |
 |
| Zorza - pork cutlets with sauce and spices |
 |
| Berberechos - small muscles |
 |
| ¡El mejor helado! - The best ice cream in Galicia (and Spain)! I prefer one scoop of avellana (hazelnut) and one scoop of yogur con fresas (strawberry yogurt) - homemade fresh! |
|
|
Mmm mm mmmmmmm. Hope you enjoyed the selection. I know I sure have!
I'm working on getting recipes from Julia, the grandparents' cook, but she seems convinced the only way to learn is to cook wither her, or pay her ; )...and sadly I only have three more days in La Coruña ... so I may end up getting a recipe book instead. Either way, you can be sure I'll do my best to bring a little taste of Spain back with me for everyone to try!
¡Hasta luego!
No comments:
Post a Comment